Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First post of 2009

My first post of the new year! I need to make a resolution to update my bland life more than once a week.

New Year's Eve was really low key for us this year, mostly because we both had to work that day and G worked New Year's Day as well. We made enchiladas and margaritas, and I had to keep waking G up so he could count down the seconds with me before midnight. I also drank a mini bottle of champagne, and since G doesn't like champagne, I got a little buzzed finishing the bottle off before bed. The next day, I woke up at 1 pm with dishes covering the sink and counter, so I took care of that so G wouldn't be too upset with me for enjoying my lazy day off from work. Friday was also another lazy day for me, but I really enjoyed taking time to do nothing but relax because I needed it.

Saturday, my mom, G and I went out for dinner at Mimi's and then on to my cousin Brandon's fifth birthday party. Brandon was too hyper that night and bouncing off the walls. I wish I could bottle up some of that energy for myself! My cousin Karina, 18 months, was super adorable as usual, and smiling the whole time. I hope that my future children are a good as she is.

Sunday was just a run around day. We went to Macy's to return a few things, and buy clothes. We also went to Petco to get some new fish and plants for our fish tank because it has been looking rather sad lately. I finally watched Hamlet 2 on Sunday, which was pretty good overall.

No comments: