Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rain and fire

It was so refreshing to see rain return to the bay area this past weekend, despite all of the traffic snafus. We really need the rain and hopefully there will be many more rainy days this winter, even if they make me a grouch. Luckily, I didn't have to go anywhere on Saturday, so I enjoyed the rainy day inside with Mickey and Bear. It amazes me how much the rain intrigues the cats, but I doubt they would like it if they were outdoor cats.

G and I finally tested out the fireplace in our apartment. It works really well at heating the place up, in fact, a little too well. At least we will be able to save on electricity this winter, except for spare the air nights when we are not allowed to have a fire. The kitties were afraid of the fire at first, because the biggest flame they have ever seen was from a candle. They have been getting used to the fireplace, because we have now had it lit three nights in a row, and they are no longer hiding when we light a fire. We even moved one of their beds near the fireplace and Mickey has been loving sleeping near the warmth. I guess my kitties do appreciate some of the things we do for them.

No comments: