I feel bad that I have totally neglected my blog for the the past few weeks, so here is a post to update my life. I somehow managed to get all of my Christmas shopping finished within two weeks, because I put it off until finals were over. Next year, I hope to start in November, before I need to study for finals, but who knows if that will really happen. Some years I am good about shopping early, and some I am hurrying at the last minute. It doesn't help that I had 4 birthday presents to buy in December as well!
Even though it felt like a whirlwind, Christmas was really good this year, with a few exceptions. Work let us out at 1:00 pm on Christmas eve, which was totally awesome because I didn't feel like working at all that day. I played KOIT online, which was all Christmas songs, and managed to get some work done. Later that day, G and I picked up my mom and brother and drove to my aunt's house across town. Christmas eve was full of too much food, but was nice overall, except for the end of the night when my brother was belligerently drunk.
Christmas day was good. We started our day at G's dad's house and celebrated with my father-in-law, his girlfriend, and G's aunt. We all spoke with G's sister over the phone, then sat down to a yummy breakfast. After breakfast, we opened presents and relaxed until the afternoon. We left for mom's house to celebrate with her and bro, opened presents, and had an awesome prime rib dinner. After chatting with mom for a while, G and I went home and opened our gifts to each other.
G spoiled me this Christmas, but his excuse was that he was making up for not really getting me any birthday gifts this year (things were a little hectic with the wedding!). He gave me a pair of tall black Uggs, some Yankee candles, a cute kitty desk calendar, a Dooney & Burke purse and matching wallet, a beautiful palm tree necklace pendant encrusted with emeralds and a diamond, and gorgeous ruby earrings with a diamond on each. G went way overboard, which explains why he has been working so much over time lately! I gave G the new AC/DC and Metallica cds, 4 dvds, two shirts, a set of screwdrivers and a set of drill bits. I felt like I didn't get him enough after all he got me, but he said he received plenty of gifts. The kitties enjoyed their gifts of new toys. We saved their presents for last, because it is always fun to watch them with their new toys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment